Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Afterthoughts

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope yours was as wonderful as mine was. To be honest, the only thing I love about Thanksgiving is hanging out with my family. I'm not a fan of turkey, sweet potatoes or anything healthy. And this year I was a little too hungover to enjoy a delicious beverage. I am one of the few lucky (or crazy as some say) people who actually enjoys family time. I love catching up with my cousins, taking ridiculous family photos (this year they had my climbing up trees) and playing games until we want more food. Plus, my birthday is right around Thanksgiving so there's always the birthday cake and presents thing.

We don't go around the table and say what each of us is thankful for but we all know that we're thankful for each other and the time that we get to share together. There are many people who cannot be with their families, don't have any family left or simply do not like their family. We don't hang out all the time or tell each other our deepest darkest secrets but we still get really excited when we know the holidays are coming around. We love and cherish each other no matter how old we get, how much we drink or how much fun we make of each other. We know we're just as lucky (or crazy) as the person stuffing their face with turkey next to us.

With love and pearls,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment