Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Said Yes to the Dress!

I can't believe it...I'm officially getting married now! Now that I have my dress, it truly feels official. I would love to post a picture here for all of you to see but I think my fiance secretly reads our blog so I don't want to spoil the surprise! All I will say is that it is absolutely gorgeous, totally me, and made my mom sob like a baby.

My mom, Alicia, and I spent a Saturday dress shopping. I made 2 appointments with lunch in between so we could have time to discuss what we liked, what we didn't like, etc. I purposely picked Alicia and my mom to come with me as well because I know we all have different styles but all can agree on what looks good, what is flattering, and what makes my Kim K booty look even bigger. I knew I wanted to look like a princess, Alicia wanted me to show off my curves, and my mom just wanted me to try on different dresses.

The first store was great and they had tons of dresses from the designer I liked. Plus I found this one dress online and they had it at the store. The process was exactly how I thought it was going to be. You strip down to your bra and undies and the sales associate completely dresses you. It was tons of fun and I could definitely get used to someone dressing me everyday! I have to say I was a little disappointed when I left though. There were 3 beautiful dresses I was torn between at the end of my 1 hour appointment but none of them gave me the "this is it" moment. Even the dress I thought I would most certainly be buying didn't give me that feeling. I expected to cry or have my breath taken away but that didn't happen. At lunch I was a little down thinking I would never find a dress or that I would just never know which one I wanted.

I went to my second appointment not expecting anything. We picked dresses off the rack that were unlike any of the dresses I tried on earlier so I could make sure to try on every kind of style. I tried on about 10 dresses at the first store and picked about 12 dresses at this store. There was one that caught my eye that I really wanted to try on first. The details I could see peeking out of the bag looked beautiful. I tried it on and pretty much knew that was my dress. I didn't cry but when I saw myself in the mirror I could picture me walking down the aisle in that dress. I was super excited to show my mom and Alicia. I came out and big smiles came across their faces as well. Kim was helping me at this store and she had a really good point to tell us all to help keep us on track. She told us we will narrow everything down to top 3 dresses and at the end of the appointment, I can try those top 3 on again. Once I got my top 3 dresses she would ask if I wanted to replace the current dress with a dress in the top 3. It really helped us narrow things down and figure out how much we liked each dress. This was my first dress here but I knew it was instantly in my top 3. I agreed to continue trying on dresses because I didn't want to sell myself short and there may have been something better for me out there. I went through all 12 dresses and had my top 3. One my mom really liked, one Alicia really liked, and my dress. Unfortunately for my mom, her pick was the first one to go. It was just a little to basic for me. I was torn between my pick and Alicia's pick. Alicia's pick was a little bit tighter to show off my curves but still fairly comfortable to sit in. Both of our picks were elegant and classy but modern at the same time. Luckily for me, my pick won! It was the only dress all three of us agreed upon and had all of the characteristics that we originally wanted. It makes me look like a princess, shows off my waistline, and made my mom cry and be happy for me.

I cannot wait until September 14, 2013 now! I have been excited ever since Jay popped the question but now I can't wait to wear this dress and just feel absolutely beautiful. It will be the most magical day ever. Maybe I'll even show you guys a sneak peak once it gets a bit closer :)

With love and pearls,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ladies!! I wanted to nominate you for the Liebster Award... check out more information here: http://www.letsmeetforlunchblog.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete