Wednesday, April 4, 2012

OMG I'm Getting Married!

He did it! We're engaged!

I'm definitely a little behind the ball because he did propose 2 Saturdays ago but I feel like it hasn't officially set in yet. I keep looking down at my finger and have to remember that is a real engagement ring and not one of the many cocktail rings I'm used to wearing.

I am beyond excited to marry Jay. He is amazing and I truly am the luckiest girl alive, but I am 100% completely scared to officially "grow up". Is this a normal feeling? I have to start my own life, with my own family, in my own house, and make my own new memories. I won't be able to come home after work to mom and dad's, sit on the couch, and wait until they make me dinner. I will have to be the official dinner maker in my house, which will probably not be true since Jay is a much better cook than me.

But enough of the sad stuff, the great news is that I booked the venue of my dreams!!! For those of you who live in the Philadelphia area, you have probably heard of Cescaphe before. If you haven't, you must be living under a rock! They are rumored to do the best weddings ever, seriously. I am beyond excited to add my name to the Cescaphe brides after next year. I cannot wait. This truly will be a fairytale come true :)

If any of you have any advice for a newly engaged bride, please share!!

With love and pearls,
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh oh my gosh! i am engaged as well! congrats! you are going to absolutely love every last minute of it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you as well! So far everything has been fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will love this time of your life :) cherish it!! and cherish your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I will cherish it to the very last second...which is what you seem to be doing as well!

    ReplyDelete