Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy (Belated) 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Alicia and I both went over to Jay's (my fiance's) house for some swimming, drinking, and barbecuing! We had such a good time. We got to watch the kids swim in the pool while we caught up about love, life, and everything in between. My mom came over as well so it was nice to see her enjoying herself with the in-laws. I'm going to apologize for being an awful blogger in advance because I wanted to take pictures of all of the food we had but I didn't remember until people started digging in! I know...fail on my part. Next time I will get pics, I promise!

I did make this delicious Italian-Style Red Pepper Dip and it was a big hit. It was a little more watery than I would have liked so maybe next time I will put in the whole block of cream cheese and that might thicken it up. But we had such good food to choose from. We had hot dogs, beef & chicken kabobs, home-made chicken wings, corn on the cob, potato salad, macaroni salad, bbq shrimp and shrimp marinated in garlic & white wine, my mom's awesome pineapple bread concoction, ice cream cake, and Stock's cake. (Total side note: If anyone ever makes a trip to Philadelphia, you have to stop at Stock's Bakery and get one of their pound cakes. They are pure heaven!).

What new recipes did you try? Were they a hit?

With love and pearls,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment