Tuesday, July 3, 2012

the one?

how do people truly know you are with the one you are supposed to spend your life with? are there specific signs to look for? is there a feeling in the gut of your stomach? when you picture your life without them, do you tremble in fear? sure some people are brave enough to admit their relationships aren't perfect and it requires work, but yet how do you know it is worth it to stay? how do you know you wont wake up one morning and regret you wasted your one true love on just a love.  Are we so scared to be alone or so involved in the idea of love that we tend to look past most things or feelings, or lack thereof?  Or is there even a soulmate for anyone? I'm not afraid to say that the media and books and movies and childhood fairytales have all distorted my idea of what true love is. But even knowing that I'm fucked up in the head about love, I STILL cant change my perception of it.  I will forever be looking for that old myth fantasy idea of my knight in shining armour.    But am I being so unrealistic to the point of fucking up every relationship I am in because they do not add up to my ideation of Prince Charming?  I just do not know at what point is it time to move on or time to learn as a couple?

No comments:

Post a Comment