Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Philly, You Should Be Ashamed!

I cannot believe I am actually posting about this right now. Philadelphia should be so ashamed of itself. A very close friend of mine is friends with the person who alerted the media (and police, and mayor, etc) about this situation so I am getting it all firsthand. I am saddened to say that NO-ONE is doing anything about it. This is a complete and total disgrace and no wonder why people say Philadelphia is one of the dirtiest cities in the United States. I am completely embarrassed to say I (used to) call that city my home. You would think, after the press this situation is getting, someone would have rushed out to clean this up, to be the hero and say "Yes, I care about my city and I am just as shocked and appalled as you all are" . But no, countless hours later, it is still there untouched. I am not even hinting to you what I'm talking about because it is just so shocking you need to see it for yourself...

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/philly-cabbie-leaves-little-dookie-behind

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/video/#!/news/local/Caught-on-Cam--Cabbie-Defecates-on-Philly-Street/162677056

I am sorry to those of you not from Philadelphia. I promise we are not all like that! I swear I use the toilet (99% of the time anyway) and I take pride in my city. I just spent the weekend downtown missing it and wanting to come back. But, unfortunately, none of the people in authoritative positions apparently feel the way I do.

With love and pearls (and no poop),
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment