Friday, July 13, 2012

Wedding Photographer

Shopping for a wedding photographer has probably been the hardest part of my wedding planning so far. I got the venue I wanted right away. (Yes, people have already told me I'm crazy by only going to one place but it is perfect!). I got the church I wanted right away. Now, it's time to make some actual decisions. We have seen 2 photographers so far and we have 2 more to see in the next couple weeks.

Each photographer is exactly the same but so different in many ways. I wasn't sure what to expect or what to look for when finding a photographer. I figured I would just look at the pictures and if I liked them, you're hired! But no. Each photographer can take the same exact shot and it will come out different every time. It really depends on the style we want, the style they shoot, how talented they are, and what the surroundings are.

Luckily Jay nor I are very stuffy or snobby so we both agreed we want to keep the posed, traditional photos to a minimum. The church is where we are going to be taking most of those pictures because it is the most fitting. After that, we want fun, crazy, not typical but beautiful shots. Sure you can put the bridal party in a straight line with us in the middle but some will be kneeling, some will be sitting, some will be jumping. We hate all of those cheesy photos that all look the same. I want to be able to look back in 50 years and think, wow our wedding day was literally the best, most fun, and happiest day of our life.

Do you have any photographer horror stories? What is the best shot from your wedding?

With love and pearls,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment